New York, New York
Michael Tomback received his J.D. with honors from Emory University School of Law, where he served as the Executive Notes and Comments Editor for the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, the nation’s only student-run bankruptcy journal. During law school, Mr. Tomback externed at the U.S. Trustee’s Office in Atlanta, Georgia, and was a summer associate in the complex corporate litigation department at Greenspoon Marder in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Mr. Tomback received his B.A. in Political Science and minor in Cinema Studies from University of Pennsylvania. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Tomback was the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Chief Judge Ronald H. Sargis of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California from 2014 through 2016.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- New York, 2015
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 2014
- Law Journal: Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Executive Notes and Comments Editor
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2011
- Major: Political Science, concentration in American Politics
- Minor: Cinema Studies
- “I Pronounce You Man and Man. You May Now File Jointly For Bankruptcy”: DOMA’s Unconstitutionality and its Effect on Joint Bankruptcy Filings for Same-Sex Couples, 31 EMORY BANKR. DEV. J. 375 , 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Chief Judge Ronald H. Sargis, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California.