For more than ten years, Patrick Marecki has represented a wide range of domestic and foreign clients including debtors, creditors' committees, secured and unsecured creditors, institutional lenders and equity holders in connection with Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 cases, avoidance actions, and bankruptcy-related litigation. Mr. Marecki has served as trial counsel for clients in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts in New York and Texas.
Mr. Marecki also has extensive litigation experience outside of bankruptcy court. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Marecki represented clients in a variety of complex commercial litigations, including securities regulation, corporate and international law, and various governmental investigations and inquiries by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, State Attorneys General, and numerous European and Asian regulators.
Mr. Marecki was named a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Commercial Litigation in a Bankruptcy Context
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2006
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2005
- Law Review: Vanderbilt Law Review, Notes Editor
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2002
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science
- In re Arcapita Bank, BSC (C)
- In re Cengage Learning, Inc.
- In re Vitro S.A.B. de CV
- In re TOUSA, Inc.
Past Employment Positions
- Baker Botts LLP, Associate
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, Associate