We have represented all sizes of companies, large and small, as sole counsel for the debtor. Indeed, to be effective as conflicts counsel in a "mega" case, it is necessary to be able to represent a company in each and every aspect of a Chapter 11 restructuring ... and we can.
Get the help you need with your business restructuring by contacting our reorganization lawyers online today. You may also call 212-594-5000 to schedule an initial consultation and to learn more about our Chapter 11 bankruptcy services.
A Focus On Client Services and Cost-Effective Results
We know how to provide the highest quality service to smaller companies, and to bring to bear the same skill set we use in the most complex cases, but at the lower cost available only from a smaller firm. Our professionals are highly motivated to serve smaller companies.
We pay close attention to costs and strive to deliver superior services at an affordable price. Our goal is to truly be part of the solution and not merely to add to the problem of the debtor's inability to pay too many debts.
We respond promptly to our clients and get things done quickly and efficiently. You get attention from us that you cannot get elsewhere. Our most sophisticated and senior people stay involved in the case.
Who Have We Served in the Past?
Representative cases where we were sole bankruptcy counsel for the debtor are:
- Loehmann's Holdings Inc.: Sole counsel to the debtor women's fashion apparel chain that operated 48 retail stores in major metropolitan areas.
- Daewoo International (America) Corp.: Sole counsel to the debtor, the U.S.-based trading arm of the Daewoo group of companies, which successfully underwent what was then the largest nonsovereign debt restructuring in history with aggregate liabilities exceeding $70 billion.
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center: A Bronx hospital that was successfully sold as a going concern in Chapter 11 despite having over $100 million in liabilities.
- Cabrini Medical Center: Lead counsel to the debtor, a hospital in Gramercy Park, Manhattan, with over $100 million in liabilities.
- Joan and David Helpern Inc.: Sole counsel to the debtor/operator of the Joan & David luxury footwear and accessory retail chain, which had more than 55 stores located worldwide.
- Fortunoff Fine Jewelry & Silverware, LLC: Lead counsel to the debtor in the successful sale as a going concern of Fortunoff, a nationally known retailer.
- SK Global America, Inc.: Sole counsel to the debtor, the U.S.-based trading arm of what was then the third largest conglomerate in South Korea and one of the largest business enterprises in the world.
- Clift Holdings LLC: Lead counsel to the debtor in the successful restructuring of $75 million in debt for Ian Schrager's premier San Francisco hotel.
- Guilford Mills, Inc.: Sole counsel to the debtor, a leading worldwide producer and seller of textiles, which successfully restructured over $300 million in secured debt and paid all of its unsecured creditors in full under its confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
Contact a New York City Chapter 11 Lawyer
Learn more about our business restructuring services by calling our firm at 212-594-5000 or by contacting our attorneys online.