Ms. Glaubach provides efficient and practical advice to debtors, creditors, and other parties in interest in corporate restructurings both in and out-of-court.
Ms. Glaubach's practice is focused on debtor representations in complex chapter 11 cases and related litigation. Ms. Glaubach has been a member of teams representing debtors on various high profile chapter 11 cases including: The McClatchy Company, Aurora Commercial Corp., Pacific Drilling, Westinghouse, and Aeropostale. Ms. Glaubach has also represented creditors, trustees, and other parties in interest in connection with chapter 11 cases.
Ms. Glaubach received her J.D., with honors, from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she was an articles editor on the Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution. Ms. Glaubach received her B.A., with distinction, from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Ms. Glaubach has been a member of teams representing debtors on various high profile chapter 11 cases including: LATAM Airlines, the McClatchy Company, Aurora Commercial Corp., Pacific Drilling, Westinghouse, and Aeropostale.
- The McClatchy Company: Co-counsel to the debtors, a 163-year old family-controlled public company that provides independent local journalism to 30 communities in 14 states through its local newspapers, including well-respected publications such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News & Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram as well as national news coverage through its Washington, D.C. bureau, in restructuring approximately $1.6 billion in debt.
- Pacific Drilling: Counsel to the debtors, which specialize in ultra-deep water drilling for a myriad of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, in the restructuring of more than $3 billion in liabilities.
- Westinghouse: Counsel to Toshiba Nuclear Energy Holdings (UK) Limited, one of the debtors and the parent company of the international arm of Westinghouse’s global nuclear power business, in connection with the restructuring of over $9 billion in debt between Toshiba Nuclear Energy Holdings (UK) Limited and 31 other Westinghouse debtors
- Aeropostale, Inc.: Counsel to the debtors, a teen clothing retail chain of more than 800 stores, involving the restructuring of more than 800 stores and approximately $260 million in liabilities. Co-counsel to the Plan Administrator post-confirmation
- Aurora Commercial Corp.: Counsel to the debtors, two indirect wholly owned subsidiaries of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., in connection with their chapter 11 case and wind down
- LATAM Airlines: Co-Counsel to the debtors, Latin America’s leading airline group, in its chapter 11 bankruptcy cases , 2020
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Member, Present
- New York City Bar Association, Member, Present
Amanda C. Glaubach
- New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 2013 - Certificate: Jewish Studies - 2013
- Honors: Graduated with Distinction
- Major: Sociology
- Hon. Alvin K. Hellerstein, U.S. District Court Southern District of New York , Judicial Intern