Mr. Blander provides efficient and practical advice to debtors, creditors, and other parties in interest in corporate restructurings both in- and out-of-court.
Eitan Blander is an associate at Togut, Segal & Segal LLP, where he focuses on debtor representations in complex chapter 11 cases and related litigations. Mr. Blander has also represents creditors, trustees, and other parties in interest in connection with chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Mary Kay Vyskocil, formerly of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
Eitan received his J.D., with honors, from Emory University School of Law, where he was a member of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal and director of the Emory Law School Supreme Court Advocacy Program (ELSSCAP), the only student-run Supreme Court litigation program in the country. He received his B.A. from McGill University with First Class Honors in Psychology.
Eitan worked briefly as a data analyst before becoming a lawyer.
- LATAM Airlines: Latin America’s leading airline group, in its chapter 11 bankruptcy cases , Co-counsel for Debtors, 2020
- Rubie’s Costume Company, Inc.: The world’s largest designer, manufacturer, and distributor of costumes and related accessories with manufacturing and distribution operations in fifteen countries and revenue of approximately $300 million, Co-counsel for Debtors
- The McClatchy Company: A 163-year-old family-controlled public company that provides independent local journalism to 30 communities in 14 states through its local newspapers, including well-respected publications such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News & Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram, as well as national news coverage through its Washington, D.C. bureau, in restructuring approximately $1.6 billion in debt, Co-counsel for Debtors
- Aurora Commercial Corp.: Two indirect wholly owned subsidiaries of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., in connection with their chapter 11 cases and wind-down, Counsel for Debtors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: with Honors
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: First-Class Honors in Psychology
- Hon. Mary Kay Vyskocil, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Law Clerk, 2018-2019
- Supreme Court of Georgia, Judicial Extern, 2017
- Federal Trade Commission, Litigation Extern, 2016