Minta J. Nester
Ms. Nester provides efficient and practical advice to debtors, creditors, and other parties in interest in corporate restructurings both in- and out-of-court.
Ms. Nester represents debtors, creditors, and other parties in interest in connection with avoidance actions and other contested matters. Prior to joining Togut, Segal & Segal LLP, Ms. Nester was an associate in the litigation group of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, where she represented financial and other commercial institutions in securities, antitrust, and other complex litigations.
- Trident Holding Company, LLC: Co-counsel to the debtors, the leading national provider of bedside diagnostic and related services in the United States operating in 35 states, in the restructuring of approximately $700 million in liabilities.
- Pacific Drilling: Counsel to the debtors, which specialize in ultra-deep water drilling for a myriad of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, in the restructuring of more than $3 billion in liabilities.
- SunEdison, Inc.: Co-counsel to the debtors, one of the world's leading developers of renewable-energy solutions, involving the restructuring of more than $16 billion in liabilities.
- Short Case Analysis: Gardens Regional Hospital and Medical Center Liquidating Trust v. State of California (In re Gardens Regional Hospital and Medical Center, Inc.), Case No. 18-60016 (9th Cir. Sept. 16, 2020), Frank A. Oswald and Minta J. Nester, ABI Healthcare Newsletter, March 2021
- Short Case Analysis: True Health Diagnostics LLC v. Azar, et al. (In re THG Holdings LLC), Adv. Proc. No. 19-50280 (JTD) (Bankr. D. Del.), Frank A. Oswald and Minta Nester, ABI Bankruptcy Litigation Newsletter, Volume XVII, Issue 1, April 2020
Minta J. Nester
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2023
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California
- J.D. – 2009
- Externship: U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Appellate Staff (Fall 2008)
- Yale University
- B.A., M.A. – 2006
Graduated With Distinction
Percival Wood Clement Thesis Prize
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, Litigation Associate