Mr. Murphy provides efficient and practical advice to debtors, creditors, and other parties in interest in corporate restructurings both in and out of court.
Since joining Togut, Segal & Segal LLP in 2021, Mr. Murphy's practice has focused on representing debtors, trustees, creditors, and other parties in interest in connection with chapter 11 and chapter 7 proceedings, related bankruptcy litigation, and corporate restructurings.
Mr. Murphy graduated from Brooklyn Law School cum laude in 2021, where he was a Notes Editor for the Brooklyn Law Review. While attending law school, he was awarded the American Bankruptcy Law Journal Student Prize for receiving the highest grade in a bankruptcy course. Mr. Murphy previously worked as a legal extern for the Federal Trade Commission, as well as for the New York City Office of Labor Relations, before interning at the Togut Firm
Joseph M. Murphy
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. – 2021
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: American Bankruptcy Law Journal Student Prize
- Law Review: Brooklyn Law Review, Notes Editor
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- B.A. – 2017
- Major: Political Science & Legal Studies
- Federal Trade Commission, Legal Extern, 2020
- New York City Office of Labor Relations, Legal Extern, 2019