Ms. Oden provides efficient and practical advice to debtors, creditors, and other parties in interest in corporate restructurings both in and out of court.
Ms. Oden's practice is focused on debtor and creditor representations in complex chapter 11 cases, distressed acquisitions, and debtor-in-possession financings. Ms. Oden has represented debtors in numerous high-profile chapter 11 cases, including LATAM Airlines, The McClatchy Company, Pacific Drilling, Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Trident Holding Company, Aurora Commercial Corp., Westinghouse Electric Company, Golfsmith International Holdings, and Vantage Drilling. Ms. Oden has also represented creditors, trustees, and other parties in interest in connection with chapter 11 cases, including: Lakeland Tours (ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders); Seadrill (unsecured noteholder and proponent of alternative restructuring proposal); Vanguard Natural Resources (first lien agent and DIP agent); Seventy Seven Energy (ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders); SandRidge Energy (ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders); and Emerald Oil (DIP lender and purchaser).
- LATAM Airlines: Co-counsel to the Debtors, Latin America’s leading airline group, in its chapter 11 bankruptcy cases filed in May 2020.
- Lakeland Tours: Counsel to the Ad Hoc Group of Seller Notes of Lakeland Tours, the U.S.’s largest accredited travel program.
- Trident Holding Company: Co-counsel to the Debtors, the leading national provider of bedside diagnostic and related services in the United States operating in 35 states, in the restructuring of approximately $700 million in liabilities.
- Synergy Pharmaceuticals: Co-counsel to the Debtors, biopharmaceutical companies focused on the development and commercialization of novel gastrointestinal therapies. The Debtors consummated a chapter 11 restructuring through a section 363 sale of a majority of their assets to Bausch Health within four months.
- Aurora Commercial Corp.: Counsel to the Debtors, two indirect wholly owned subsidiaries of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., in connection with their chapter 11 cases and wind-down.
- Pacific Drilling: Counsel to the Debtors, which specialize in ultra-deep water drilling for a myriad of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, in the restructuring of more than $3 billion in liabilities.
- Westinghouse: Counsel to the Debtors, a global nuclear power company, in the restructuring of over $9 billion in debt.*
- Vanguard Natural Resources: Counsel to Citibank, N.A., as administrative agent under the Debtors’ first-lien credit facility and DIP facility, in the restructuring of approximately $820 million in debt.*
- Seadrill: Counsel to proponent of alternative restructuring proposal for the Debtors, a global offshore drilling company, in the restructuring of approximately $20 billion in liabilities.*
- Seventy Seven Energy: Counsel to the Ad Hoc Group of OpCo Notes in their acquisition of the Debtors, a diversified oilfield services company, through a prepackaged chapter 11 plan that restructured approximately $1.1 billion in debt.*
- SandRidge Energy: Counsel to an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders of the Debtors, an oil and natural gas company, in the restructuring of approximately $3.7 billion in debt.*
- Golfsmith International Holdings: Counsel to the Debtors, a golf retail company, in its section 363 auction and sale of its U.S. stores and inventory.*
- Emerald Oil: Counsel to the DIP lenders and purchaser of the Debtors, an oil and gas exploration and production company, in the $110.5 million sale of substantially all of the Debtors’ assets. *
- Offshore Group Investment Limited (f/k/a Vantage Drilling): Counsel to the Debtors, a global offshore drilling company, in the restructuring of approximately $1.5 billion in liabilities pursuant to a prepackaged chapter 11 plan.*
*Denotes experience while at a prior firm
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Member, Present
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Member, Present
Amy M. Oden
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2015
- Honors: Recipient of the Edmond Cahn Law Review Award
- Law Review: New York University Law Review, Executive Editor and Social Chair
- University of Oklahoma
- B.A. – 2012
- Honors: summa cum laude
Economics & Chinese
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Honorable Jane J. Boyle, N.D. Tex. , Judicial Intern, 2013